<bgsound src="http://media.vmg.com/VMD9341/VMD9341-S-96kbps-03.mp3" loop="infinite">
My Rambles: God's faithfulness

Friday, November 09, 2007

God's faithfulness

"All your works shall give thanks to you, O Lord, and all Your saints shall bless You! They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom and tell of Your power to make known to the children of man Your mighty deeds, and the lgorious splendor of your Kingdom. Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and Your dominion endures throughout all generations. The Lord is faithful in all his words and kind in all his works. The Lord upholds all who are falling and raises up all who are bowed down." -Psalm 145:10-14.

Ever since beginning full-time work, God has been teaching me about His faithfulness. Not that I don't think God taught me this before, but it became painfully obvious when I began working. I didn't think that work and school would be that busy. But I guess I thought wrong. I've struggled at times to really spend time with God in the morning--reading my Bible, praying, journaling, you know, all that stuff I used to do in college. I am so much more exhausted from work than I ever was at school. I guess it makes a difference when I'm waking up at 6 am Mon-Fri. Nonetheless, in spite and despite of my faithless and wandering heart, God has been faithful. He has been faithful to sustain me, grow me spiritually (albeit slower and in a different way that college), and He has used those around me to encourage me and direct me to Him.

God really showed me His faithfulness tonight, when Jesse and I sat down to talk to his parents. We have been praying for many months for God to humble us so that we are loving and patient towards them. We also prayed that God would soften their hearts. By God's grace and blessing, our conversation was good--I feel completely at peace with the entire situation. And praise God for His faithfulness!

O wretched sinner that I am, who am I to receive the righteousness of Christ?! And yet, God chose to send His only begotten Son to die on the cross and rise again on the third day so that all those who believe in Jesus Christ may have everlasting life in Him.

I am so thankful that God has given me the Bible to read and the Holy Spirit to guide me daily. Praise God for His love, patience, and grace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home